Don't Ignore These Red Flags in Your Relationship
Red flags in a relationship can mean a lot of different things. Sometimes they are signs that something needs to be addressed and worked on. Other times they are signs that you should pack up quickly and get out. The following is a list of red flags that your relationship needs attention, and depending on your boundaries, they may mean it's time to move on:
1. False Promises. You've told your partner what you need, and they've agreed to meet your needs but have not taken any action. When you bring it up, they blame you for being a nag instead of taking responsibility for continuing to let you down.
2. Defensiveness. When you tell your partner that something hurts your feelings they respond in a way that is dismissive or blaming, rather than being curious and caring. As a result, you end up with a pile of unresolved issues.
3. Lack of Genuine Connection. You feel lonely even when you're with your partner.
4. Refusing to Address Lack of Sex. You've stopped having sex and you aren't talking about it. When you bring it up, you get shut down.
5. Lost Respect. You've stopped feeling respect for your partner, and you notice a lot of judgment and resentment toward them. You're too angry to try to talk to your partner, and you don't expect the conversation will lead anywhere better.
If you can relate to one or more of these red flags, it doesn't mean that your relationship is toxic and destined to fail. It means you have areas that need improvement. Acknowledging that these red flags show up in your relationship is a huge step towards resolving the issues. These are important signs because while you may be able to deal with some of these now, over time, it will get harder.